Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Money matters

I'm broke. I'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but i still survive on the pocket money...that my dad supplies me with at the beginning of every month. The first 15 days are blissful...loads of shopping, partying, movies and freaking out! I'm a spendthrift, to the core. But only for the 1st 15 days of the month. Its towards the end of the 'honeymoon stage' that i realise i have slightly more than 135 bucks left to last me for the rest of the month. That's when i undergo a personality change. From being a bindaas shop-a-holic to being a 'kanjoos kadki'! I try and save up as much as possible...try and use the bus to get to and back from college (the 5 rupee coins for the bus fare i 'borrow' from dad's change-box!), not splurging on the canteen food, absolutely no shopping, being home on time. My folks are the happiest then...ironically me being just the opposite. Everytime i promise myself..."nah next month se i'll save" but cant deny myself the temptation of encashing my desires! Sigh! I wonder if i'll have any savings in future...money matters are beyond me! :[

12 comments:

Gururaj said...

It's the same with the rest of the world, I think...Atleast u have your money till a fortnight, I am usually cleaned up in a week or max 10 days and start beggin around for money promisin ppl to return it "Pakka" in 2 days..
And Thnx a lot for visitn my blog :D

Smartalec said...

help! me too broke! gosh! college definitely has definitely turned me into a spendthrift! now gotta survive by borrowing till dad puts some dough in my account:(

anyway, how was shimla??

desperado said...

borrowing is a art i have mastered.
and boy are my frnds good they lend me whenever i ask


so back frm shimla
and how hot is delhi ???

shaan said...

i am in even more pathetic situation !! i earn and then also money doesnt last [:(]

@twistedskew : not every1 likes momento, just like like not every1 is fool who will write crap with a scrap of some1 .. grow up kid .. u hav a world to face

shaan said...

its really debatable as to who is a retard

milo said...

@twistedscrew: u talkin abt intelligence...may b u r very intelligent..congo fr dat!
but wen it comes to emotions m sry fr u..intelligence can still b gained through expeience..but emotions r inbuilt..u bein an egoistic creature wld never gv importance to them coz u will never understand dear...
i hp u r happy in ur own world..n we r proud dat we r nt part of it.

sriram said...

omg!!!
this has turned into a bloody verbal assault...and counter assault et all...
its just a blog,if u think its crap leave it alone

Arun Gopalan said...

heehee... dont worry you will be alright once you start earning ;-)

axe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
radiohead said...

Broke !! even i would have been. Good that i have been stayin at my Lg's. But yes, during the college days, it happens when i m abt to visit my home, i call them & say i m coming to take my pocket money :P

SmartOxymoron said...

Maybe you could ask for a raise. "Mehengai ka zamana" is a good starting point for your case. Im sure dad will see your point if you mention how your other friends' BFs help them out in time of need. A BF in need is a BF indeed :D. Luck to you.

Mirage said...

@soxy: If I tell him "mehengai ka zamana hai" he'll tell me to spend less and stay home!
besides i think it would be easier and better to get a BF instead! ;)