Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Day After...


Yesterday's special 'Birthday Feeling' still hasn't left me. All thanks to my family and friends who made sure I had the best time, even if they weren't with me. Got extra phonecalls at midnight for starters! Till 8 in the morning my phone rang off the hook. Good wishes piling up gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. Then mom n dad had couriered a birthday card that made my heart swell with love. Holding it was like being hugged inside out. The best feeling ever.

In college, I got a lotta hugs and good wishes from my classmates. Cut the cake with them all. Its amazing how people go out of their way to make you feel special. Then just hung out with them till evening. Went out for dinner with my roomie and treated myself to some wine. I've reached the legal age after all!

Then my parents called. They were cutting the cake for me. Putting the phone on speaker mode, my whole family sang 'Happy Birthday' as they cut the cake. I felt like I was right there, with them! My niece had made such a cute card that was scanned and sent to me on email. I was so happy, I cried!

As the day got over, I bid goodbye to 'my day'. But there was more to come. Today I recieved a bunch of cards and gifts from my close friends in Delhi. And Milo, my best friend, had wrote to me on a card that was given to her by her grandma and was her most treasured possession. I can't believe I'm so lucky. Lucky to have so many people who love me. I can't thank God enough for blessing me with so much joy.

It was a wonderful day. With each birthday I'm reminded of not only how special I am, but of the very special people around me who would always be there for me no matter where I am. I only wish I can do as much for them, if not more. Love 'em!

7 comments:

Stone said...

Happy Birthday!!
:-)

First Rain said...

Swo sowwy dat I missed it...

Belated Happy Budday! Hope you had a swell day n hope you have a swell-er year still.

Cheers!

[Amod] said...

You're indeed lucky to have such great people around you. I realy felt good after reading this post. Have a nice time.

R said...

Awesome! Milo sent you THAT card?! Brilliant!

Family...nothing can replace them..

Hold on to all the love :)

Birthday Wishes. Have yourself an exciting year ahead.

Koi Pahailee said...

hiesssssss
all i have to say is ..that...yes birthday is really a wierd day
yeah..very wierd
enjoy your days while you can

milo said...

m sry m readin it late... but my wishes r always thr wid u,,, tu nahi bhi mangegi to milengi.... ;-)
loads of luv n hugs...i seriously miss our shoppin days...lol.

My ID not me said...

Hey Mirage,
Belated wishes for an amazing and great learning year ahead!
Njoi